- Role in IRG: Science Steering Committee Member
- Country of residence: USA
- Email: email@example.com
- Institution: University of Colorado
- Department: Consortium for Capacity Building (CCB)
- Position: Director
Mickey has been a Senior Scientist since 1983. He has been writing climate-related editorials for many years, first for Boulder’s Daily Camera, and now for his own blog Fragile Ecologies. He is interested in how climate affects society and how society affects climate, and especially how climate anomalies and human activities interact to affect quality of life issues.
He has edited several books and is the author of numerous articles on issues related to climate, environment, and policy. He organizes multidisciplinary, multinational workshops on climate-related issues.
African drought, the Aral Sea basin, desertification, food production problems and prospects; societal impacts of climate anomalies related to El Niño events and the use of El Niño-related teleconnections to forecast these impacts; developing methods of forecasting possible societal responses to the regional impacts of climate change; and the use of climate-related information for economic development.
My Research Projects on our website
Project leader of:
Project member of:
- Comparative study on technologies and paradigms of integrated risk governance in vulnerable areas (973 Project)