- Country of residence: Germany
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +49 331 288 22 378
- Institution: Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies
- Department: Economics & Culture
- Position: Department co-leader
Armin Haas is co-leader of the Economics & Cultures program at the Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies, Potsdam (IASS), and leads the research line Integrated Risk Governance of the Global Climate Forum (GCF). At IASS his main research focus concerns the economic, ecological and social sustainability of the financial system. At GCF, his research focuses on innovative approaches for the management of large-scale complex uncertainties. He is co-founder of MCII, the Munich Climate Insurance Initiative. He holds a Ph.D. in economics from the University of Karlsruhe, Germany. Before joining IASS, he worked as senior scientist at the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) and headed the research group Bayesian Risk Management.
Expertise in the fields of: 1) Bayesian probabilities, stochastics, and risk management. 2) Socio-ecological systems. 3) Climate change adaptation and mitigation. 4) Financial markets. 5) Climate insurance.
My Research Projects on our website
Project member of:
- Comparative study on technologies and paradigms of integrated risk governance in vulnerable areas (973 Project)