- Role in IRG: Science Steering Committee Member
- Country of residence: Sweden
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 46-317864813
- Institution: University of Gothenburg
- Department: Department of Earth Sciences
- Position: August Röhss Chair
Deliang Chen is an internationally renowned climate researcher who has extensive experiences with science for policy. He is an elected member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, the World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) and the Royal Society of Arts and Sciences in Gothenburg. He has served on numerous international and national committees and boards, including Science Committees for the Olav Thon Prize and the VOLVO Environment Prizes, Project Evaluation Committee of the Research Institute for Humanity and Nature (RIHN, Japan), Expert Group for the Major National Global Change Research Program (MOST, China), and Board of Stockholm Resilience Centre.
At University of Gothenburg he founded and directs the Regional Climate Group (RCG: http://rcg.gvc.gu.se) within the Department of Earth Sciences.
Deliang Chen is an expert on regional climate variability and change, with a focus on recent and future changes in meteorological and hydrological extremes in Scandinavia and Asia.
My Reviewed Papers on our website
- Projecting Future Local Precipitation and Its Extremes for Sweden
- Using the Köppen classification to quantify climate variation and change: An example for 1901–2010
- Evaluation of global climate models in simulating extreme precipitation in China
- Weekly cycle of aerosol-meteorology interaction over China