- Role in IRG: Science Steering Committee Member
- Country of residence: China
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 86-10-64889297
- Institution: Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Department: Institute of Geographic Science and Natural Resources Research
- Position: Professor
Xiubin LI is a scientist at the Chinese Academy of Sciences. His research fields include land use change and the impact of land use change on water resources and food and ecological security. He has published widely in national and international journals and chapters in books. He served as the deputy director of the Institute of Geographical Sciences and Natural Resources Research at the academy from 1999 to 2007. Dr. Li is engaged in several expert advisory boards, e.g. the international jury of Swiss-ReSource Award, the advisory board of the geo-science division of the Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), and the Science and Technology Committee, Ministry of Land and Resources, China central government. He also served as the deputy president of the Geographical Society of China and is engaged in several editorial board of national and international academic journals, e.g. Land Use Policy which is published in the UK.