- Role in IRG: Co-chair, Science Steering Committee Member
- Country of residence: China
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 86-10-58808179
- Institution: Beijing Normal University
- Department: State Key Laboratory of Earth Surface Processes and Resource Ecology, Academy of Disaster Reduction and Emergency Management
- Position: Executive Vice President, Professor
Professor Shi Peijun is executive vice-president of Beijing Normal University. He is a member of the Expert Committee under the National Disaster Reduction Committee, housed in Ministry of Civil Affairs of China and also a member of OECD’s High Level Advisory Board on Financial Management of Large‐Scale Catastrophes.
He has taken charge with more than 40 national or ministerial programs successively, published nearly 200 papers, 15 monographs, and obtained national and ministerial awards for more than 20 times. Recently, he is undertaking a National Key Technologies R&D Program – Key technologies and demonstration of integrated risk governance, and four other programs. He ever gave scientific & technological information lectures and consultations to leader of State Council three times, and offer consultation for central and local governments. His research productions were widely adopted for the decision-making of central and local governments.
His research focuses on natural disaster theories and risk management.
He established the system of “regional natural disaster system” which consists of “environment, hazard and society”. Furthermore he put forward the technological system of regional agricultural natural disaster assessment.
He established the system of “regional natural disaster system” which consists of “environment, hazard and society”; put forward the technological system of regional agricultural natural disaster assessment. As the associate director of the Expert Committee under the National Disaster Reduction Committee, he carries on the decision-making and loss assessment for the Large-Scale Disaster in China. Now he is co-chairing Integrated Risk Governance Core Science project of future-earth.
My Research Projects on our website
Project leader of:
- Global Change Risk of Population and Economic Systems (GCR-PES): Mechanisms and Assessments
- Global climate change and large-scale disaster governance (973 Project)
- Models and modelling of integrated risk governance (973 project)
Project member of:
- Comparative study on technologies and paradigms of integrated risk governance in vulnerable areas (973 Project)
- Joint research on monitoring technologies of large-scale drought disaster (973 project)
My Books on our website
- Atlas of Global Change Risk of Population and Economic Systems
- Natural Disasters in China
- World Atlas of Natural Disaster Risks
- Integrated Risk Governance: Science Plan and Case Studies of Large-scale Disasters
- Atlas of Natural Disaster Risk of China
My Reviewed Papers on our website
- Footprints of Atlantic Multi-decadal Oscillation in the Low-frequency Variation of Extreme High Temperature in the Northern Hemisphere
- Sea-level rise scenarios and coastal risk management
- Farmers’ crop insurance perception and participation decisions: empirical evidence from Hunan, China
- Factors Affecting Farmers’ Crop Insurance Participation in China
- Society: realizing China’s urban dream
- Global warming over 1960–2009 did increase heat stress and reducecold stress in the major rice-planting areas across China
- Local spatial and temporal factors influencing population and societal vulnerability to natural disasters
- Are people willing to buy natural disaster insurance in China? Risk awareness, insurance acceptance, and willingness to pay
- Developed and developing world responsibilities for historical climate change and CO2 mitigation
- Agriculture Insurance in China: History, Experience, and Lessons Learned
- Global pattern of temperature sensitivity of soil heterotrophic respiration (Q(10)) and its implications for carbon-climate feedback