The 6th International Disaster and Risk Conference IDRC Davos 2016 was held in Davos from August 28th to September 1st, 2016. Prof. SHI Peijun, Prof. YE Qian, and 5 Beijing Normal University students attended this conference. 2016 is the first year for implementation of UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and Sendai framework for disaster risk reduction. The focus of IDRC Davos 2016 is on “Integrative Risk Management – towards resilient cities”.
Beijing Normal University was one of the co-hosting institutions of this conference, and IRG Project contributed in the coordinating work of this conference, especially the 3rd plenary session called “Green Development and Integrated Risk Governance”. Prof. SHI Peijun chaired this session, and made a speech on ”Global Environmental Risk and its Governance Consilience Mode”. On behalf of IRG Project, Prof. YE Qian gave a speech on “Turning Black into Green: Incorporating DRR into Social and Economic Development Opportunities”, and introduced 10-year working plan of IRG Project under the framework of Future Earth.
The 5 graduate students of Beijing Normal University also gave speech on this conference. Their topics were:
- CUI Shujuan: An Analysis of Perception to Natural Disasters of the Elderly in Beijing
- YING Zhuorong: Study on the Impact of Economic Growth on Meteorological Disaster Losses in China
- WANG Chenzhi: A Comparative Study of the Mortality Risk of Extreme Temperature in Urban and Rural Areas of China: An Analysis Based on 122 Communities
- ZHANG Gangfeng: Analysis of Long-term Variations of Wind Speed and Haze in Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei and their Correlation
- ZHANG Jing: Where and What Kind of Weather Insurance Indexes Could be Potentially Used for Main Crops in China on the County-level?
During this conference, Prof. SHI Peijun and Prof. YE Qian also talked with Prof. Walter J. AMMANN, on the successful cooperation of past six years, and possible branch conference in China.