- Country of residence: China
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Institution: Beijing Normal University
- Department: State Key Laboratory of Earth Surface Processes and Resource Ecology
- Position: Professor
Prof. Wang is an appointed expert of the Expert Committee of National Disaster Reduction Commission of China. He is a research fellow at the National Disaster Reduction Center of China, the vice Secretary-General of the Insurance Institute of China, the vice chair of the risk assessment working committee of China Association of Public Safety. He also serves as the vice dean of the graduate school of BNU.
Prof. Wang’s research interest is on disaster prevention and mitigation engineering, risk modeling and integrated risk management. He has completed over 10 national and ministerial research projects, and published more than 60 scientific papers.
Prof. Wang’s recent research topics include, for example, engineering retrofitting technology for rural structures with collaboration of UK and Nepal; risk analysis of critical infrastructure system under climate extremes; landslides and restoration of earthquake stricken areas with focus of Wenchuan earthquake; disaster insurance study from perspectives of perception and risk management modes.
My Research Projects on our website
Project member of:
- Models and modelling of integrated risk governance (973 project)
- Comparative study on technologies and paradigms of integrated risk governance in vulnerable areas (973 Project)
- Joint research on monitoring technologies of large-scale drought disaster (973 project)
My Reviewed Papers on our website
- Agricultural Risk Modeling Challenges in China: Probabilistic Modeling of Rice Losses in Hunan Province
- Farmers’ crop insurance perception and participation decisions: empirical evidence from Hunan, China
- Factors Affecting Farmers’ Crop Insurance Participation in China
- Exploring risk attitude by a comparative experimental approach and its implication to disaster insurance practice in China
- Are people willing to buy natural disaster insurance in China? Risk awareness, insurance acceptance, and willingness to pay
- Agriculture Insurance in China: History, Experience, and Lessons Learned